Sunday 31 December 2017

2 of us in Mixed media style!

Hello to all!
Happy last day of the year! Good Bye 2017!

Today I want to share a romantic style LO in MM style with a theme "US"!

I had fun experimenting with rose stencil one to focus on the couple with romantic mood. I think this is perfect for the theme because roses represent the symbol of love, romantic feelings!

And do you know that
A Lavender rose like color conveys enchantment. It also expresses "love at first sight". Darker shades of lavender roses (close to purple) convey a sense of regal majesty and splendour. These roses are used to express fascination and adoration, so I interpret my theme title "2 of us" with the purple rose background!


This is the part of my DT post for Expressions Craft Stamps too!




Process with close up pics

1. What I did, First I used my purple color gelato and mixed it with Transparent gloss texture paste in different tones from light to darkest, as shown in the pic.


2. Using roses stencil I carefully created the rose background on my texture white sheet and keep it aside to let it dry thoroughly or if you are impatient, you can heat embossed it. Because of the transparency, the line texture appears so clearly with it. Now I added leaves to my roses with green glitter paste. Some of the mixed paste was left so without wasting it, I  randomly applied it using my palette knife from top to bottom as shown in the pic.


3. Using 2 shades of blue color tones gelato I mixed it in water and color the leftover white part lightly.
4. On the designer oval frame, I first colored it with black chalk paint and then applied different shades of Opal magic art medium.


5. I covered the couple chippie piece in yellow chalk paint and the flag banner with quotation 2 of us with black and highlighted with opal magic acrylic paint.


6. Now added the crochet lace and a die cut Victorian lace in black color.
7. Now embellished it with a lot of flowers, stickers, charms and I added my own handmade circle leaves in wire too.


8. In the last, I added that banner with a brad and a hanging charm and a metal butterfly



 and highlighted them too. Added Just us chit chat stickers in black with some crystal gems and lots of tiny thermocol balls in white for more textures and some splatters.


I hope you all enjoyed this MM card with lots of textures and fun!!!!


Supplies used:

Cardstock: Black and textured white CS
Stencil: Roses from Expressions Craft Stamps
Chipboard: Designer oval frame-2 from Expressions Craft Stamps
Die: Victorian Romance Flourish from Cheery Lynn Designs
Stamp: Script from Kaisercraft
MDF cutouts: flag banner- 2 of us and a couple
Texture paste: Transparent gloss from Ranger
Gelatos: Tones of blues and purple
Acrylic Paint: Opal Magic: yellow- blue, pink-blue, violet gold from Prima
Chalk paints: Turrel, lamp black from Papericious
Glitter Paste: Green from Bo Bunny
3D stickers: Forever green from Prima
Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers
Tiniest Thermocol balls from Itsy Bitsy
Metal Charms: Butterfly and love birds
Crochet lace in white
Designer Crystal gems, Transparent crystal clear circles in different shades, Transparent beads, wire, brad Mulberry roses and different paper flowers from my stash

Would love to participate in the following challenges:
http://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.in/2017/12/december-2017-mini-challenge-us.html

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/work-wednesday-december-2017/- I used a new stencil, new die, new chipboard frame, new chalk paints and spray in this creation




1 comment:

Monika Reeck said...

thanks for the step by step how you made this Vinita
its need more than 1 Hour I guess woooow
love your mixed media always
and this is wow so much element
great made my friend and see you around
Happy New Year 2018 stay healthy my friend

hugs
Monika